From:
Suni Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 17:31:23 -0400
Well, I sincerely can't believe all Robert's gone through for his fuzzy.
Losing your job, your home, basically your life is a lot for your pet ( or
anything else for that matter), but I know I'd do the same in a heartbeat,
as would many others, if it meant saving the lives of my ferrets and
fighting for their rights, as well as ours as their owners.  The little fuzz
buckets just tug your heart that way.  It's a shame that the state doesn't
have that figured out yet.  I'm wondering if a lawsuit isn't underway yet,
as the rabies period is way past and we all know Kodo isn't infected (from a
bat or anything else), so he should be released to his loving home and
family.  As I noted to Al earlier "to take his life at this point would be
akin to going ahead with the taking of a convicted man's life, after you
found him to be innocent.  You know he didn't do it, but you kill him
anyway.  We'd never do that with a human, so why are we considering it with
Kodo?  Either way, I think Robert would have a case for suing the state,
though I know that means more $$$

Running my own shelter has been hard, especially when all my costs are out
of pocket with no donations coming in, so I'm pretty much on the broke side.
(Rob ert, you can forward this excerpt to your EX).  I can't exactly
advertise my shelter since I'm in CA.  Sigh!  Also, we just bought a house
and moved this weekend, so my savings are pretty much gone (actually, they
ARE gone), but I will be sending a check for $100, nonetheless.  It's not
much in the grand scheme, but it'll make a small dent.  I only hope everyone
reading about Kodo will do the same and send in what they can, even if they
have to skip a meal out, miss a movie, or put off that new pair of jeans for
awhile.  This ruling will effect everyone who owns and loves ferrets, so we
all need to do what we can.

Say a prayer for KODO!

Sincerely,
Suni