From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 23:55:42 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was busy trying to sort
through all of the kits toys. Should this one be tossed? Was this one
too ragged? Mercy! these kits are a handful. She heard a tap at her
door and she turned around to see Mimi, the little girl courier,
standing there with a note in her paw. Mimi said,

"Hi SaraFerret, it's such a nice day, isn't it. I don't blame you for
leaving your doors and windows open. There is a ferret crossing the
Bridge and her mother has requested that you greet her. I stopped by
their place and told them that she was coming. I knew you wouldn't
mind, as you always greet their Mommy's ferrets."

She handed me the note and flew off. I read it and headed off for the
entrance. I saw a brown (maybe sposed to be sable) fuzzy waiting for
me there. (Atta girl SaraFerret, you are never on time anymore). So I
quickly started to introduce myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome... " Just then,
her best friend, Lucy came up and overheard me. And of course.... She
said, "Welcome to the Bridge. You are gonna have great fun here. Of
course you can't go back. But you are gonna feel lots better here. And
we can run and play here and you just wait, there is all the rest of
the family here. Oh yeah, and you are gonna get wings just like me and
SaraFerret. Did I forget anything, SaraFerret?"

I just stood there and said, "Lucy, you said it all in one breath. You
didn't forget anything."

Of course the fuzzy started giggling at all this and said, "My name
is Monkey as you might guess and I belong to Mommy Laryssa. I guess I
must've been really sick and so I had to leave my family there. But it
is nice to see Lucy again. She is such a nutsy girl."

I said, "Since you have explained everything, then we might as well
get everything going."

So off we went down the garden path to the Wing House where the wings
were stored. We opened the door and on the counter was a big box (of
course). Monkey opened the box and took out the wings--bright pink with
silver streaks. I helped her put on her wings and Lucy adjusted her
halo. Then she ran to the big vanity mirror and a beautiful sable fuzzy
stared back at her. Then she turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy
could see me now. She is just not gonna believe this change." Then I
gots an idea. We opened the door and left there.

We went down the path to the Misting Pond and sat down beside the cool
clear water. With one swish we saw the vision of Mommy Laryssa and Bill
appear. Monkey got so excited she started waving and dooking with all
of her might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. Lucy tried to be a
greeter. But I don't think she is gonna get to be doing it again. But
she says there are lotsa my family here, so I won't be lonely at all.
Oh yeah, I am now a sable, instead of just a brown fuzzy. I am just
beautiful and my wings are beautiful too; they are pink and silver
and soon I will be able to fly. I feel lots better too."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you
should read this it should have landed there. And with another swish
the vision was gone.

We went down another road where we were met by Slim, who Monkey
remembered. Then we founded the rest of the cottages and you could see
that a picnic was being set up. Slim teased Lucy about being a greeter.
"So I hear you are going to be the new greeter now, right?" And then he
started laughing and laughing. Lucy blushed and hid behind a tree in
embarrassment. I told her never mind. That she had done a fine job for
her first time at greeting. That made her feel much better and she just
switched her tail at Slim and pranced off. Family teasing--SIGH!
Reminds me of the kits. Monkey was listening to the dance music and
looking at all the food until Slim told her to eat and not just look.
Then she grabbed a chocolate no-no and a cup of iced cold pepsi and
found her a place to watch the noise and watch. I was invited to eat
and dance. But I had so much to do at home, so I gave Monkey and yes,
Lucy a hug and wave good-bye to all and headed for home.

So ended another greeting at the bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter