Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 1995 19:17:57 -0400
A few posters have mentioned that ferret eyes should glow GREEN when light is
flashed on them (as opposed to other animals). Well, my ferret's eyes glow
RED (as several flash photos can verify)! He is a dark-eyed white and I'm not
sure exactly what color his eyes are. They are not definitely not Ruby or red
but seem kind of a dark blue! Is this possible? Anybody else have a ferret
who's eyes glow red? Also, my ferret is stone deaf which makes discipline
difficult (I can't yell "NO") and I can't "call" him with squeaker toys. He
came from a ferret "mill" in Canada (CBC Breeders) and I too am concerned
about breeding practices and believe that deaf (and other seriously
genetically flawed animals) should not be bred. Otherwise my Oskar is
absolutely adorable and happy though.

LP