From:
Julie & Hideki Kunitada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:24:53 +0900
Hi!  My name is Julie Kunitada.  I live in Nagoya, Japan.  I have two
ferrets, Wyatt and Josie, both 10 months.  We have had them 3 months.
About a week after we got them, Josie escaped to the balcony and fell
eleven floors.  I got her to the vet within 10 minutes of her fall.  She
had a deflated lung, dislocated hind leg and a fractured spine.  Recently
she has been moving her legs a lot and she has started urinating on her
own.  Her insideds are completely healed and she seems very happy.  However
I have some questions.  If her hind legs are moving so much, is it possible
to get her spine fixed?  The vet doesn't plan on fixing her leg because of
her spine.  Is this common?  Any advise will be appreciated.