From:
Ron Nickels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 08:14:34 -0400
When LOKI escaped for the third time, he found his way to the cockatiel cage
and easily lifted the door and left us with nothing but feathers.  Both pets
belonged to my 12 year old son, Dylan who had spent the night at a friends.
When Dylan came home I had to break the news.  Dylan is a sensitive kid and
cried for two days when another bird had died.

When I told him that Loki had eaten the bird,tears welled up in his eyes and
he told me with a sob "I hope he didn't choke on the bones."

I doubt that an alert chicken would be harmed, but ferrets will do what
comes naturally.

Loki now patrols out back yard, digs up moles (voles?) and leaves them for
us on the patio.  Such a good little provider