From:
Trudy Wallach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:58:04 -0500
Recently someone adopted a ferret from me that was a large healthy male
who used to pace back and forth like a lion in his cage - even after
having a two hour out of cage playtime! When he was adopted his new
owner discovered that he was blind - which as we all know, ferrets
hide very well. She also noticed something that she described as very
distinct white swirls deep in his eyes - not cloudy like cataracts. I
have to add that the person who adopted was a former ferret shelter
operator and a vet tech, so she certainly has had lots of experience
with ferrets - way more than I have had. She has never seen anything
like this before and commented that he looks like he has Ghosts in his
eyes. She wanted to know if anyone else had ever seen this and what it
might be. She asked if I would post this question to the FML to see
what type of response it would get. Any input is greatly appreciated!!

TJ

Trudy Jo Wallach
Shelter Operator
Massachusetts Ferret Friends Shelter & Rescue