From:
Joy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 17:55:28 EDT
Ok so I've been reading all these posts about how we need to inform people
about ferrets and to teach people how to take care of ferrets.  One idea I
remember was sending info packets home with new ferrets owners and another
was that new ferret owners had to take a class to be certified or something
to own ferrets.  Well lets think bigger!  How many people getting the FML
also get the Animal Planet channel where they live?  Have you ever watched
some of the shows on there they are so awful so why couldn't a group of us
get together and come up with a show idea and take it to the Animal Planet
executives?  I mean isn't that how most shows get started?  Even if most of
the people who watch Animal Planet are animal lovers its still a start.
Look At the show The Crocodile Hunter with that Steve Irwin guy.  Only a
small handful of people don't know who he is (If you don't he's that insane
Australian guy who wrestles crocodiles and other deadly reptiles).  I'm not
saying we could be that big cause lets face it ferrets are not as scary as
Crocodiles although we all know there are people who think that.  There are
hour long shows about cats and dogs, Martha Stewart has even had ferrets on
her show more than once.  We could talk about all the stuff we do on the
FML, go to shelters, give tips on care, and so on.  I know this is kinda
bias cause I'm a ferret lover but look at some of the crap that is on TV
now.  If anyone thinks this could work or is willing to help please e-mail
me and if there is enough back up maybe we could give it a shot at least we
tried.

Thanks,
Joy Smith & Lucy, Tabitha, Theo, Zorro,
Scrawny, Psycho, Pebbles, & Fat Albert