From:
"Preisig, Kylie KE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 18:27:53 +1000
>>From:    Tony Mastropolo <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: Testing the Theories
>>In order to calculate a sample size, I'd need to know what the expected
>>rate (% is fine) of adrenal problems is in both groups.

        From Zen:
>Good question.  No one knows.  Some folks claim 30% or more rate for the
>"early alter" ferrets.  Soem claim none in late alters.  Both numbers are
>probably wrong but somewhere in between is a start for both.

There have been some surveys going around about ferret health and adrenal
disease haven't there?  Would it be possible to use the results of these
work out the expected rate of adrenal problems in early alters/ late alters?

Kylie

Kylie Preisig, Perth, Western Australia
First Aid Officer, WA Ferrets and Ferreting Society
The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer.