From:
"Laura Young Sec.3" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 02:49:30 -0500
Hi all!  I'm realitivly new to FML and have been enjoying all the info
that's posted.  I have a few questions/comments so here goes...

First off I was wondering if the fuzzybutt that has been "Fear pooping" is
descented.  I was told that a botched job or even a "good" job might end up
with the critter losing sphincter <sp?> control and thusly pooping whenever.
Could that be part of the problem?

Secondly, Ear Sucking--I recently (about 2 months ago) added to our family a
half demi gigus ferret, male, Halo.  Well about 3 weeks ago he stared
sucking on Booger's ears (male black sable 10 mos.) and Boog didn't mind a
bit I think he liked it.

When we first introduced Halo to Booger and Tavi(1 year old silver mitt) Tav
would have nothing to do with Halo but Boog took to him right away.  He
taught him all the tricks of being a ferret from hell...Sock biting, cage
climbing, rug digging, couch spelunking, the compact diskis throw etc.
etc...My theory on ear sucking is possibly a mama ferret role or he just
likes the taste of ferret ear wax.  In the end all ferrets are buddies now
and the sucking has only happened once since the first time, as far as I
know.

Number three, My two older ferrets have plaque!!!!  What should I do?  if
anything.  I was told that brushing there teeth could damage thier gums.
(and they told me that there will be some pretty teed off ferrets if I try)

#4 Are there any other vegetarian ferrets out there?  Tavi and Booger don't
like meat.  I've tried to give them all sorts of meat but they hate it and
pull thier lips up saying "Ewe...you want me to try that stinky stuff?" but
they love all sorts of grains, fruits and veggies...as occational treats.
Halo on the other hand will eat meat if I give him a bite.  Could this be
because the older two were altered at an early age and Halo isn't yet?  2
from pet store, Halo from breeder.

#5 Comments now...I definately think bumper stickers are a great idea.  From
someone's post "Have you scratched you fuzzy today?" sorry I didn't write
down your name before starting this.

We bought a two story cat scratching post/ hidey hole house and they LOVE
it.  Just thought someone might like to know for thier fuzzies.  It cuts
down on carpet digging too!

Well thanks for letting me share!

Warm fuzzy kisses to all.  We're sending our little ferret prayers for all
those guys out there who don't feel too good and those fuzzies who have gone
on to better ferret play lands.

Dooks and eyelash kisses... Tavi, Booger, Halo, Mom and Dad