From:
DONALD AND ELEANOR MEAD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:38:51 -0500
I currently am owned by 12 ferrets,( my heart still aches for 2 that I
lost through death in the past.  At present I own quite a few other
animals besides my ferts, my favorites of course (my 9 cats and 2 horses
come next, never mind our 2 pet cows and 5 dogs).

Talk about about huge vet and feed bills!!!  I belong to the yahoo
haflingerfriends group and last year they did a survey for their members
on the list which took about a week or two to complete..  I'm not sure how
it was done.  I know that questions were posted as to our age, sex, job,
how many haflinger horses, other pets, single-married, etc., maybe someone
would know how to go about taking a survey to get a real good idea of just
how many of us are actually owned by fuzzies and know a bit more about us
as people, either anonymously or however we choose!  just a thought.

Eleanor

P.S.-my sister's ferret that went in for the biopsy today at the local
vet, couldn't get it done due to other emergencies that came up.  She will
have Dr Dutton at Weare Animal Hospital in NH, look at her tomorrow, when
she brings her other one in for adrenal surgery.  Please say a prayer for
these two.  Thank you.