From:
Kim Bergen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:11:25 -0700
This is Chris, once again using my wife's FML subscription, to let the
list know that beyond hope we have Hank returned to us. We had searched
almost non-stop since his disappearance at 2am on Monday, telling
everyone we saw about him and asking for help but at midnight at the
end of Monday we were just physically and emotionally exhausted and
collapsed in the hotel room.

We got a knock on the door at 2am, and I have never been so happy to
be awoken. The night clerk found Hank trying to get into the hotel and
being familar with ferrets, picked him up and returned him to our room!

He eagerly drank water and ate the chicken puree we feed our two boys
and has been sleeping soundly mostly since with breaks just to eat and
go potty. He has burrs in his fur and some scratches on his skin but
otherwise seems fine.

Thank you so much for the well wishes we received voiced or just
silently hoped for, we count ourselves extremely fortunate and thank
Hank for allowing us a second chance at being his guardians.

with gratitude,
Chris and Kim