From:
Lisa Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:34:22 EST
I, too, am trained by my ferrets.  I should just say ferret because it's
only Buster that does it.  Buster is a year old now and has dug in the
litter box since the day we got him.  We've tried everything.  He only
does it at night when he's locked in the cage (they are free-roam 16 out
of 24 hours a day at that time).  Their cage is in our bedroom.  My other
half used to get pissed about Buster digging and waking us up.  All I said
to him was well you picked him out LOL.  A year later and 3 more ferrets
(which make 5), Bill decided to make our ferrets free roam 24 hours a day.
Granted it's only in our bedroom, but we now sleep at night.  I've always
envisioned rolling over on them, but oddly enough they go in their cage to
sleep.  I hope this makes you feel better about being trained.  Oh yeah
Bella has us trained too.  She won't go in the litter pan if it's too
dirty and will poop right by it to let me know it needs to be cleaned.

Lisa and my fabulous five

Check out SOS's new website address:
http://www.supportourshelters.org/
Every donation helps... even ONE dollar.  So send a dollar to SOS or your
local shelter today :  ).

Interested in a ferret club in NJ?  Check out www.metroferret.org