From:
Universal Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:09:25 -0600
I have had Squanto for 3 weeks now and he is truly an amazing ferret!  I
got him from a Wildlife Rescue 45 minutes away from where I live.  When
I went to pick him up he was nameless.  He had just been through surgery
to remove an incisor and was eating away in his cage like nothing had
happened.  I took a good look at him as I held him and he stole my heart.
The cutest little face I ever saw!  He had the look of a black sable but
he has a white bib and his paws are white, like he has socks on him.  He
is not a Silver Mit tho.  He looked so wise and precious and cute I took
him home and named him Squanto, my little brave Indian Warrior fert.  I
sanctioned him off in the cage I have in my bedroom and put him on ferret
food.  He took to it right off the bat.  He would look at me every morning
when I woke up getting ready for the day to begin and he had this look of
wiseness about him.  It is hard to define it any better then that.  I
would take him out and pet him and kiss him and I slowly introduced him
to my other 14 ferrets.  He liked them and they liked him right off the
bat.  It was like he belonged to us all along.

Squanto has only been with me for 3 weeks but he is truly amazing and I
love him so much.  He finally Weasel War Danced for me the other night on
my bed and it was hilarious.  He bounced around like a live wire.  I do
not know what his story is as the Wildlife Rescue told me that he had
simply been dropped off to them by a woman who gave no reason.  All I
know is that he is mine now and I love him to pieces.  He is my little
brave Indian fert.

Diane