From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:47:52 -0500
The recent holiday songs have been a joy.

For a long while those were an FML tradition as were stories, poems and
poetry contests. Then for some reason we hit a bit of a slump in which
fewer people shared such works.

You can see a sampling through the years in the _Ferret Poem Book_ by
going to
http://www.dookingweaselforge.com/
On your left is a menu
Click open
Stories

Oh, SHOOT! The Page appears to be malfunctioning right now. The _Ferret
Poem Book_ is a real treat, with about 200 pages of drawings and the
literature they accompany. If I remember right it even contains a
Christmas story written by the FML's own moderator, Bill Gruber.
[I don't remember that one! BIG]

If I can I hope to find a copy of one of the songs Steve and I put
into our 1992 Christmas card which begins

Deck the Halls with piles of feces
Fa la la la la   la  la  la  la
Scent marking is in our species
Fa la la la  la  la  la  la  la

and it goes on from there. I recall them burrowing in apparel and
trying to steal a chainsaw...

I know Steve and I carried it to the FML at least twice but I guess
either he or I or both of us did that with old addresses so I am coming
up empty. Oh, well, that's just life sometimes and it doesn't matter
really.

Gads, those lyrics are 16 years ago! Not only did many people not have
ferrets then, and most here had not yet found the FML, and some of
perhaps were not born yet then. I think Steve and i will officially be
ferret old farts in just a few years when we hit the 30 consecutive
years with ferrets in the family anniversary. Then we'll be like Chris
Lloyd! (Okay, he'll still have more years with ferrets) 8-)

***** Hey, Bill, How many years till the FML's Silver Anniversary now?
Three? Four? ***** The FML is getting up there, too! [25 years on 21
Dec 2012. So a bit over 4 years to go. BIG]

Oh, COOL! Wolfy recarried our warped 1992 holiday card song to the FML
in 2007
<http://listserv.ferretmailinglist.org/SCRIPTS/WA-FERRET.EXE?A2=ind0710&L=FERRET-SEARCH&P=R22503>

I bet I couldn't find it because I was looking for "piles of" but I'd
written "misplaced", and it was a hack saw stolen rather than a
chainsaw. At least i know the year we added it to our cards (for
entirely different reasons) but I don't recall if we wrote it that
year or earlier.

Here it is:

> Deck the halls with misplaced feces
> Fa la la la la   la   la   la   la