Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 16:34:10 -0700
Hmmm, Alicia.  I too, must say "THANK YOU BOB!" for the dining experience
in St Louis.  After his good natured response to our spontaneous auction
of Bobs shorts, I began feeling a slight sense of remorse and offered to
buy Bob dinner.  Along with several others from the Symposium, we headed
to the Airport Diner, a local eatery that was recommended to us by a St.
Louis native.

The orders on our table ranged from catfish to ribeye steak to liver and
onions (yep, that was me!).  I was allowed to order it as long as I did
not try to force it on my tablemates!  Some of our group arrived a few
minutes before us  they were happily consuming salads and drinks when
we arrived about 15 minutes after them.  A few minutes later two more of
the crew had arrived.

The diner had run out of a vegetable and offered us a salad in its place.
They also had a choice of two soups if we preferred.  The liver and
onions, as well as the steak, arrived as I finished my salad.  A couple
of minutes later the other 2 meals also arrived.  I had the mashed
potatoes as that is how I was raised  liver and onions requires mashed
taters!  AND, my gravy did run.

I am so sorry you had such a *memorable* experience at this place.  I
thoroughly enjoyed my meal (which was so much I could not finish it
all), it was hot, and my dinner companions.  I would have preferred more
onions, but I want 2 complete onions with my liver!  The flavor was good,
too.  And, I think the other 6 people enjoyed their meals that night.
Our dinner rolls did arrive a little later than our plates, but with
ample time to be enjoyed.

Total time at the diner for 7 meals, all of us (3 groups) arriving over
the space of 30 minutes: maybe 50 minutes.

While I regret that your meal was not more enjoyable, I do not think Bob
would have steered you there had he not enjoyed his meal.  All of us
enjoyed our meals.  And, Alicia, I supported the suggestion of the
Airport Diner when it was made by others.  I wish we had stopped there
on Wed. night when we were hungry and DID wait nearly an hour for
service.  I know of many who ate there and did not have the experience
you describe.  I think you can trust Bobs advice in the future  the
man loves to eat.  Maybe it was just a bad night!

renee :)

Meet Me in St. Louis!
April 29 - May 1, 2005
International Ferret Congress