From:
Wind & Willow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2012 23:07:06 -0800
We love our pets.. we lose our pets.. we never forget our pets

Wind & Willows Ferret Rescue will soon be moving into a brand new
(well, new to us) modular unit. As exciting as this is we realize
we will need to spruce it up and personalize it.

I had this idea to help solve several problems.
1) the modular unit has very little personality..
2) our rescue needs to raise additional and steady operating funds
   to pay utilities, insurance and legal fees etc
3) we need to form a bond with prospective adoptors showing visually
   that we love our ferrets forever-- even after they are adopted or
   pass away.

to solve the issues above-- I had this idea...

a patchwork wall made by current and previous ferret owners (they
don't have to have been adopted from us).

this will be a wall of fame/memorial wall where each space will
represent one family or one pet and be created using wall paper sample
pages (outdated sample books are easy to find at most any wallpaper
supply source)- the family can add a picture, a note , a drawing, a
poem or simply the pet's name etc.

also, every ferret in our care that crosses the bridge ( or has already
crossed) will have a square as well. They will begin the wall, just as
they began our work.

Each space will be sold for a reasonable amount ( not sure yet how
much) and we will continue selling spaces until the office/greeting
area is covered. ( we won't put any in the main ferret area- since
ferrets are .. as you know.. messy, to say the least) ALL PROCEEDS will
go to the continued operation of our Ferret rescue and as we have no
paid staff at this time-- and don't forsee any in the near future--
100% of all monies we raise no matter how-- goes directly to the
ferrets.

we don't have exact measurements, yet-- but best guess is each space
will be 6 in square -

Ferret families can use this page making in the greiving process--
selecting the wallpaper and designing the memorial space together.
They can bring it in person or mail it and we can email them a picture
of it on the wall once it is in place.

If this might be something you would like to participate in or have
more ideas -- please let me know--( at this time and since we don't
know how well this will work.. FERRETS only please-- )