Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 10:03:14 -0400
>... She's started shaking her head, opening her mouth like she was gagging,
>and foaming at the mouth.  She would shake her head, paw at her mouth as if
>she was trying to get at something, and scratch with her front paws at the
>bedding.  ...
>Got her home, and she's been fine.  A bit lethargic (for her at least.  she
>can still outrun me anyday!).  She's been eating, drinking, and playing
>since we got home, pretty normally.

To me, it sounds like she was carsick.  I know ferrets paw at their mouth
when they're nauseous or their stomach hurts, and foaming sounds very much
like being car sick.  Have you ever been car sick?  It's wretched.  And as
soon as you get out of the car, it goes away.  I have problems with it and
many people are less than sympathetic.  It won't kill you or anything, but
god, you feel like it will!

My Skittles used to get motion sickness at certain times.  She drooled,
hung her head and generally looked miserable.

--Barb--