From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 17:25:35 -0400
[Moderator's note: Vaccine survey portion moved to FERRET SOAP archive as
explained in my post above (though it was perfectly reasonable stuff!) BIG]

On a lighter note, my rescue, Hope, who was scheduled for surgery today, came
through just fine! Some of you may know Hope, she was a rescue, 6 1/2 yo,
turned in to be put to sleep, suffering from advanced adrenals(no hair), mast
cell tumors on her skin, cataracts,deformed feet (nails were never trimmed
and grew around her toes and pads),stomach ulcers, and poor circulation(part
of her tail "died"). She came through the adrenal and skin tumor removal and
she actually grew some of her hair back, but the tail continued to die until
it involved the last 1/8". Then she must of hit it on something, but it was
bent to a 45 deg. angle with some bleeding on Sunday. I was afraid this might
be the end for this tough little lady, but I didn't give her enough credit!
She started eating almost immediately! The next best part was it only cost
$30.00 for the surgery! I want to thank everyone for their thoughts & crossed
paws for Hope, and if you want to help me, make a donation to your local
shelter in Hope's name. Keep the memories of the special little ones alive.

Lisa & the 11:
Sasha the house ferret and psycho from Hell;
Bruiser the Magnificent and Pele, his consort;
Yod He Vawhe who went to the "show" and his evil twin, Dijon;
Jezebel the morning mitt and Bandit the lion-heart;
Misha the Huge and Rascal the thief;
Hope, the Furless wonder & Kayla the people shadow.