Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 21:50:24 -0400
My son would kill me if he knew I was putting this "out there". But
hey, ferret people are our family right? So I feel the need to share.
Yes, yes, yes.

I drove to my husbands work to pick him up and found my 23 1/2 year old
son, Chet, sitting outside of the store talking to his friend that he
been with all day. I pulled up, with "Welcome to the Jungle" by Gun's
and Roses playing quite loudly (because I roll that way ... lame) and
asked, "Whut up?! I thought you were out for the night." His friend
said, "Well, Chet kept saying he had to come to Captain Dee's." He kept
laughing and shaking his head about it. Strange. Chet then smiled and
told me he was going to ride home with us. After Chet got into the car
with us, he told me that they had a great time playing frizbee golf
that day. But later, while out and driving around, the friend pulled
into a strange driveway for an errand. He asked his friend where they
were and what was going on. The friend said, "Oh, this is my guy,
that's all." Chet asked what he meant. "I gotta get my stuff and this
is my guy." ::Blink blink:: Chet repeated back, "your "stuff"?" The
friend said yeah and the guy came out and then got into the car. Out
comes said "stuff". So right away Chet said he had to go home. He had
left his car at the friends house at the start of the day, so the
friend started to take him to get it when Chet asked. But next thing
you know, the friend was speeding and blaring his stereo because he was
all excited about picking up his "stuff" for the night. Then Chet said,
"I changed my mind. Take me to to Captain D's!", which was practically
around the corner. That is where Scott, my hubby and Chet's dad, works.
They laughed thinking Chet was being random and flakey (because that's
his sense of humor). Chet told them he was serious. He told them again.
"I gotta go to Captain D's". So the guys asked Chet why. It was very
early on a Friday night. Up until that point, they had been having fun.

You are not going to believe what Chet's excuse was. Are you ready?
Wait for it ... "I gotta do the ferrets!!!"

Can you imagine the faces on these young men?? At the sight of them,
Chet started chattering on, "Yeah, yeah I gotta go do the ferrets. I
gotta let them out you know, feed them and things. They can't wait".

I'm speechless at this point ... I dont even know what to say. All I
can do is shake my head, laugh, and share it with you guys.

Wolfy
ps, I know we are all communicating on Facebook nowadays, but please
make no references to this off the FML and on Facebook ... too many
eyes, ya know? I'm actually kidding about the whole "Shhh". Chet said
it was okay to tell you all.