From:
Liane Novick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 13:20:28 EDT
Fellow FMLer's

Once again I ask for friendly advice (and many thanks to all who in the
past harkened to my pleas for help!)  I took in 3 ferrets from King County
Animal Rescue yesterday (Western WA).  All 3 had fleas!  Two of the fuzzies
had what I would call "a normal amount of fleas" for an animal that had
been at a county shelter for one week.  But the third ferret - I have
NEVER seen so many fleas on one animal!  I treated him with Marshall's
flea/tick/lice foam, then went to bathe him.  The fleas were so many that
they literally made a stampede for his face.  I had never seen anything
like this.  His eyes, nose, and mouth were covered (they were hanging off
his whiskers!) Poor little thing!  He had been reported to be a little
nippy - I guess so, with all those fleas!  I treated him with the
Marshall's product and with Flea Halt!  for ferrets - is there anything
else (besides persistance) that I can do?  I doubt there is a 'flea dip'
for ferrets like we used for dogs or cats.  I even used a nit comb to pull
out those nasty buggers!  Any advice or experience would be helpful!