From:
Greg Mohs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 15:29:51 -0600
This is on the subject of disciplining your ferrets from extreem undesired
behavior.  I used to try the yelling NO!  then tapping them on the nose but
this has little or no results.  When I visit home to my parents house they
have a cat, and the ferrets used to try and terrorize it bitting ect.  The
cat would simply slap the ferret on the top of the head and it only took one
or two contacts before the ferrets would not get within stiking distance.

no one got hurt ever but the lesson was swift.  So if my ferret would bite
me in any other manner than play or other serious behavior I had to use
strickter disciplin.  I would yell NO!  in a low voice not normally used
then scruff the ferret swiftly and hiss in their face.  This let them know
that it wasn't a game that they would think with the tap on the nose.  I got
much better results by not being a wimp.  It is the simple fact that their
is a pecking order and ther ferret will understand this will illimanate
power struggles and result in happier ferrets and friends.  I am
specifically writting to those with bitter problems.  I would write more but
I gotta go

                              Later
                                   Greg