From:
"S.HEWETT" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:03:12 +1100
I have a friend whose ferret has suddenly given up on life, or so it seems.

Twinkie is a 4yo albino who was Gerry's most active ferret.  He has now
become very lethargic, not even interested in being with his other ferret
buddies.  He only eats and drinks when Gerry sits him on his knee and holds
a spoon to his mouth.  Our very ferret-knowledgeable vet could find nothing
wrong apart from mild gingivitis due to tartar build-up and so performed
a teeth-cleaning.  This was a week ago and there has been no change in
Twinkie's condition.  Yesterday the vet gave him a vitamin injection and
will repeat it at the end of the week.  Twinkie is pooing and weeing
normally and has a normal coat; heart sounds fine.  Does anyone out there
have any clues as to what the vet could test for?

P.S. This ferret is in Australia.

Shirley