From:
"Melanie A. Figueredo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:27:39 -0500
Hello everyone.

Last night I fell a victim of Ferret math.  I had gone to a local pet store
about a month ago.  They had 3 little boys in a showcase.  I would drag my
finger around and this one specific boy would follow me around and around.

Last night I stopped by to get some little things and I made the big mistake
of asking to hold him.  I felt so bad that he was still there.  That was it,
NOW it is...

1) Cailey 1 1/2 yr old sable girl 2) Buster 1 yr old boy and now......
3) NAMELESS a 7 week old boy with white mitts, dark mask, black nose and a 2
little spots on his head/neck that looked like someone dropped bleach on him.

I have a few questions...
1) I adopted my other 2 ferrets.  How do I know if they've had the EC virus.
How long will it take for a ferret to get sick after coming in contact with
it?  My new baby is from Marshall Farms-have they had EC?

2) This is my first baby boy.  I did notice his penis was pink on the edge.
Is this normal for a kit.  Buster's penis blends in with his fur.

3) I'm going to bring him to the vet.  In the mean time does anyone have any
suggestions about: how long I should keep them apart, what to look out for
etc....HELP!  The older ones seemed ok with him.  They just kept following
him around and sniffing him.  He's not to happy about these two big ferrets
cornering him.  I seperated them at night and when I went to work.  A few
incidents did occur, how tough are kits?

4) I need help naming him... Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Melanie (all excited)
Cailey ("I don't care who comes or goes, just
remember the tent is MINE")
Buster ("who the heck is that")
NAMELESS ("Help me I'm being cornered")