Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 09:45:39 EDT
Dear Fellow Ferret Lovers!

I have recently discovered an excellent book written by a very well
respected ferret doctor, Dr. John Rossi of Riverside Animal Hospital
in Jacksonville, FL. I think it is an excellent book for every ferret
owner and has reference in it that can't be found in any other book.
Here is the synopsis from the author:

What's Wrong With My Ferret? is the first reference you should consider
when you have a problem with your ferret. You will find everything you
need to know to get a handle of most common problems associated with
captive ferrets. This book will guide you through everything from
behavioral problems and first aid to how to handle things such as old
age. There is even a list of items recommended for a ferret first aid
kit. It is written in such a way that almost anyone can understand when
and how to treat some common problems yourself and advises you of the
point at which you should consult a reputable, experienced
veterinarian.

Table of Contents
Introduction
Abdominal  Swelling
Anorexia
Baby Ferret Problems (Pediatrics)
Behavioral  Problems
Bleeding
Breathing Problems  (Dyspnea)
CPR
Collapse
Color  Change
Constipation
Coughing
Dehydration
Dental  Disease
Diarrhea
Dizziness
Dragging Rear Legs
Drinking and  Shaking
Ear Problems
Eye Problems
First Aid For Miscellaneous  Problems
- Burns and Smoke Inhalation
- Drowning
- Fractures
-  Frostbite
- Heat Stroke
- Hypothermia
- Insect Bites (or stings)  ... with or without anaphylactic shock
Flattening the  Body
Fleas
Frothing at the Mouth
Grinding Teeth
Hair Loss  (Alopecia)
Hunching Over
Itching
Lethargy
Lumps, Bumps,  Blisters and Sores
Old Ferret Problems (Geriatrics)
Paleness (gums  or mucous membranes)
Pawing at the Mouth
Poisoning
Seizures and  Shaking
Shivering
Sneezing
Swelling of Any Surface or  Appendage
Trauma (falls, getting stepped on, etc.)
Urination  Problems (Dysuria)
Vocalization
Vomiting
Drugs Commonly Used In  Ferrets (Chart)
Preventive Maintenance
Vaccination Protocol and  Vaccine Reactions
Feeding Ferrets
Grooming Ferrets
Ferret First  Aid Kit
Fast Ferret Facts