From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:54:32 -0800
I am so sorry Troy Lynn, You are so right in that you devote so much of
your energy, hoping to continue giving them the will to live, when you have
a critically ill fur child.  Grandpa had consumed so much of my time for
the last 6 months of his life I was worried that I was becoming neglectful
of the others in my care.  They did seem to understand, At least most of
them.  Even though we know the end is near and do what we can to prepare,
it is still a shock.  For several days after he died, I found myself still
working my daily schedule around his feeding and medicating.  I felt at
such a loss to not be holding him and feeding him.  Did I keep him with me
to long.  Probably, but as you said, he was willing to patiently wait as I
fed him, He did not fight and from time to time he rallied.  As long as he
was willing to fight the good fight, I was willing to be right there at his
side, fighting with him.  Grandpa reserves a very special place in my heart
and maybe a little bigger piece of me left with him.  His sweet kisses and
gentle ways will be with me always and help me to fight the next battle for
the next critically ill fur child who finds itseld in my care.

As always, my thoughts and prayers are with you this day and maybe Skeeter
will pal up my Grandpa and your Ulyssus, and they can play together as
young ones again.

Love,
Diana and The Ferret Farm