From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2014 12:58:38 -0400
Our state news on Tv, which has a strong history of getting scientific,
medical, and statistical reports wrong just had a teaser about weather
perhaps affecting rates of uroliths. Ferrets, of course, get uroliths,
with three types most likely.

It makes sense that weather could play a part since aspects like heat
and drought might alter the amounts of dissolved minerals in water,
with well water probably being more variable than many public sources,
while insufficient hydration is a greater risk with high temps and
drought.

Online I found:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23869912

Whether there has been a new study released I do not yet know.

So, keep those ferrets hydrated enough in summer heat and drought
to decrease the chances of yet another medical problem which can
be related to poor hydration, heat, or climate changes.