From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 09:43:15 -0500
As you all know the Ferret Friends Disaster Response keeps constant watch for
Disasters in the Making,  Disaster that are happening,  and responding to
Disasters that have happened.  We could not do this without the constant
viligance of our Disaster Coordinators and their constant support.

Right now we have one of our Disaster Coordinators (Northeast) who has for
the first time ask for our help.  This particular Disaster Coordinator has
done much for not only the Ferret Friends Disaster Response International -
but also Ferret Friends everywhere.  This particular Disaster Response
Coordinator puts out a printed data base listing of ferret shelters
throughout the United States. Each year at the HSUS EXPO's this particular
handout assist in saving so many ferret lives that we just stopped counting
(we stopped counting in 1994 after several thounsand saves).

This Disaster Coordinator has responded every single time we have called
upon her.  She has responded with desperately needed supplies, advise,
foster homes, vet care, etc., - the list just goes on and on.

Now she needs us.  Our Co-Coordinator in the Northeastern United States now
needs US.

We have been advised that Pam Grant of STAR (our Co-Coordinator in the
Northeastern United States) has been receiving many many phone calls to
place older ferrets (5 years and up) - you know the ferrets who have very
little chance at adoption - the ones who really need loving homes.

Pam had the ECE virus at her shelter and does not feel that it would be safe
for the "oldsters" to take them into her shelter.

So this Christmas the Ferret Friend Disaster Response has ONE WISH ONLY.

Please if you live in the VA  or MD area - contact Pam if you can Foster or
Adopt one of the ferrets.

It is time now to support Pam as she has always supported US.

If you would like to take in older ferrets please contact Pam at
[log in to unmask] give her your name, city, state and phone number.  Let
Pam know the stats on a ferret/s you are willing to Foster or Adopt.

Let us Support our OWN.  Let us be the family we truly are.

Gratefully

Chere McCoy
Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International