From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:55:33 -0800
We are happy to report that two more of our fur-kids have been adopted
out, Machado Sterling Silver and Patches SiameseCoat, to a wonderful
family that came recommended from dear Sandi of Heaven Scent Ferret
Rescue in Dothan, Al.  (thank you, SO MUCH dear Sandi :)

And we are also sad to say that elderly Coco LeCreme was found dead early
in the a.m. having apparently died peacefully in her sleep of a stroke,
according to the report from the vet.  Coco Le Creme came to us late
in 1998 and spent her first several months "mothering" a then-newly
abandoned Appalonia Kissyface, before Appy was adopted out, and then
"mothering" another ferret older than she, who was Molly Blue-Angel that
lived into her 13th year before she passed on more than 8 months ago.
After Molly left her, Coco Le Creme didn't want the company of any other
ferrets in any way...and so, repecting her wishes, we fixed her up in her
own quarters, and she even got one of the fine,new ,thick, soft Christmas
hammies made by Mrs. Love and her sister which she really seemed to
enjoy, spending every spare minute in her comfy bed, hung extra-low so
as to be the much easier for her to get into.

Coco LeCreme gave four and a half years of caring service to other
ferrets, especially having been devoted to old, paper-thin and blind
Molly Blue-Angel.  I've left a picture of Coco LeCreme enjoying her first
try on her new Christmas Hammie ,that she also came to love, up on the
web-page.  Even so, this was a hard blow to both Wes and I (Susie Lee)
for this ferret showed no signs of adrenal or other cancer and not the
slightest cough, nor wheeze nor sneeze.  We thought she might easily make
it way past the age of 11 years and three months where she called it
quits on her own.

How very little we know!

And so dear Coco, rest easy...we knew your heart ached after you lost
your best friend-ferret, Molly.  Now you best-friends are certainly
together again.

Rest your soul in gentle peace:~*~.~*~
All your pain and troubles ceased:~*~.~*~
Someday, soon, we'll meet again:~*~.~*~
At the Rainbow Bridges' end:~*~.~*~
Now all the angels softly make:~*~.~*~
A bough of fleecy clouds and take:~*~.~*~
Your loving spirit , with shining wings,:~*~.~*~
A lullaby for you they=92ll sing.
Susie Lee at the Ferret & Dove Sanctuary in Pensacola, FL.
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html