From:
Rochelle Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 11:47:45 -0700
Hi, I am sorry that it has taken so long to respond to all the wonderful
fuzzy lovers, that offered there help and support.when I was confused about
our fuzzy..

We went to a vet, in Las Vegas, that claimed to have experience with
ferrets.  She didn't, in fact, she was almost afraid to pick Brandi up.  I
got the referral from the vet out in Pahrump.  I questioned her experience
on the phone, and she said she could take us the next morning, so we went.
Not only did she no know what she was talking about, the whole visit was a
bomb.  I was so upset, that we went all the way there for nothing.  I have
to say, that the Olive Garden restaurant, was very sympathetic, and allowed
us to bring Brandi in to a table with us.  We explained the situation, and
wanted to have lunch, while I made some calls on my cellular, to find
another vet.  I did find one, but she was on vacation.  That vet did call
me the following Monday.  Fortunately, I stopped in a Pet Co, on the way
home that trip home from the dumb vet, and picked up a second cage to use
for rescues.  The guy that worked in there, gave me the number of a woman
that has a shelter, in Vegas.  When we got home, we had a great chat on the
phone.  She told me that she was a vet tech, and she worked for a great
vet, who specializes in reptile and exotics.  She had a ferret in the same
boat as mine, and said to give it a few weeks.  They did surgery on her
ferret, and it was neither ovarian remnants or adrenal gland disease.  This
is why it has taken me so long.  I gave Brandi time, and the swelling went
down and I wanted to give it time to see if it stayed that way, and it has.

Thank you, to all of you who responded to me, and thank you, to the FML,,
for giving us the voice to reach out to others and get responses and just
for being there.

Rochelle, and all my critters, including Brandi, Daisy, Hercules, Foxy
and Tabitha