From:
Peria Area Ferret Connection <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 18:03:18 -0500
Hi Gabriela!

Unfortunately, ferret ownership is very illegal in California.  There are
several on-going efforts, and have been for a number of years to make ferret
ownership in the state of California legal.  As it stands right now, ferret
ownership is is STRICTLY prohibited.  I would sugget you contact one of the
California domestic ferret organizations for further information.  There are
MANY wonderful people in California helping to wage this battle.  Let them
know that you support their efforts and get involved.  This is the only way
that legistators and California officials will know how the residents of
their great state feel.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  Let me know if there is anything I can
help with.

Best of luck to those in California in their on-going efforts.

Please try to contact the California Domestic Ferret Association here on the
fml at:

Mary
Peoria Area Ferret Connection
P.O. Box 923