From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:23:20 -0400
While swimming in his little pond, Tyson spotted something move!  His
little red eyes lit up with curiosity!  He moved closer to investigate.  It
was a toad-a good size toad.  When he sniffed it-the toady took several
hops.  Tyson bounded after it with a movement that looked suspiciously like
a hop.  He sniffed the toad again, and again the toady hopped.  So did
Tyson.  One hop, two hop, then the toady was off-so was Tyson!  Boing,
Boing!  Oh no!!  The toady was getting away!!  Tyson grabbed it's back
leg and started to drag it backward.  He wanted to take it back to his
hideyhole!  I bent down and said, "Tyson, let go of the toady!" He did,
but I could hear him saying, "Aw Mom, can't I keep it?  Just for a little
while?  I'll let it go tomorrow-I promise!" "No, Tyson, you cannot keep
the toad."  He just shrugged his shoulders and went back to swimming!

But seriously, is it okay for him to play with the toad?  Could the toad
hurt him-and I don't mean drag him off into the bushes and whip him
senseless!  I know that some reptiles and amphibians secret harmful stuff.
This was just your garden variety toad-the kind that your Mom used to tell
you to put it down cause if it peed on you, you'd get WARTS!  Yuk!  So,
anyone with any toady experience, I'd be interested in knowing if I should
keep them apart!  Thanks!

Della and the TUMBLEWEEDS
Tyson( please, pleasssssse can I keep him?????)
Einstein(Geeze, it's just a toad!)

P.S.  The toady was not harmed at all!  Just some slobber on this leg!