From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 16:32:47 -0500
An ex (i assume) FML-er watched my ferrets while i was in boston, and when i
picked them up, he gave me an idea to try later - ferret yawning contests.
Assuming your ferret will sit or lie still long enough, how many times can
you make it yawn in a minute?  Teehee - no scruffing allowed.  I sit with my
knees together and plop Noodle on his back - he lies perfectly with legs
splayed and head by my knees - and then scratch the sides of his neck to
make him yawn.  Potpie yawns (and sits still!) if i scratch her cheeks.  I
think my best record is 10 yawns/minute with Potpie...Both love the
attention and scritches, despite the experimental nature of the event.

I took my best ferret toy, a pingpong ball attached to a nearly invisible
string, and hung it from a doorjamb so that it dangles two inches above the
carpet.  The ferrets chase it for thirty minutes at a time - it bounces from
the door, hallway walls, and off the ferrets, but they cant grab it for more
than a few seconds before it spring away again.  Perfect way to tucker out a
ferret!  I hang it out of reach after about 15 minutes, usually, so they
dont grow bored with it - so i can show my friends when they come over :)

Melissa and
three pooped weasels
two ferret-proof bedrooms
and an apaaaartment with-ooout a christmas tree

    Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
    Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!