Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 02:34:03 -0500
I think Dervish needs public commendation for Excellence in the Field of
Pooping.  (Okay, everyone can stop laughing now.  I'm serious.)

She was loose in the house, playing in the living room downstairs.  Our
room and her cage are upstairs.  I'm used to her running upstairs during
playtime ... she lives to be let into the guest bedroom.  So when she went
running up the stairs, I followed her, ready to pick her up and carry her
back downstairs.

Imagine my surprise when I saw her make a beeline for my room, her cage,
and the litter-box!  She did her business, then went right back downstairs
to continue playing.

In the Ferret Central FAQ section on litter training, it mentions that a
ferret might not think to go to a litter-box in another room, and rather
aim for the nearest corner.  Evidently Dervish is more refined than that.

(My personal theory is that she lives to impress my mother, who's getting
better about having Dervish here.  She even saw "Modern Ferret" at the
bookstore today and bought it for me.  I think all the nail polish bottles
and empty soda bottles Dervish has been putting in Mom's closet are having
an effect.)

So if you see Dervish around town, feel free to congratulate her on this
honorable distinction.  And rest assured she won't poop in any old corner.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the SuperPooper WonderFerret ("So do I get a medal
 now, or what?")