From:
Jennifer c Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:04:09 -0600
Hi everyone,
I thought since I am new here I had better introduce my little family first
before responding to anything.

Me and my husband Joel have 10 'kids' 4 cats, 1 dog, and 5 ferrets.  We
found out a long time ago that the little fuzzies are addictive and you
can't have just one!  Loki, is our first, she is the only one we have
actually bought.  She is also the smallest and a pretty little dark sable.
Samson came next from our local animal control, funny thing is we named him
that before he broke through the wooden bars on his cage!  Icis was given
to us by a friend who just had a baby and was afraid of neglecting the poor
ferret.  She is a light butterscotch.  Selkie and Autolycus was given to us
by relatives who seem to be in the pet of the month club and treat animals
like tissues, but I won't go any farther there.  Selkie is a gorgeous cream
and gold-brown, and Autolycus (named for the King of Thieves from the Xena
show) is a HUGE boy dark gray, white and black, he is a massive thing and
you ought to see his war dance!!  We have playfully nicknamed him Cartman
after the fat kid on South Park.

Bear and Grendal have both passed on and we miss them very much, Bear died
old naturally, and Grendal succumbed to adrenal failure, by the time we got
him, it was too late.  There have been others, that we have rescued and
found good homes for.  Here in Pensacola, FL there are no shelters, just
good ol' Animal Control, whose policy is to gas anything that looks like
wildlife.  Ferrets are given no chance of adoption there.  Fortunately we
know the director and whenever one comes in he calls us or puts the owners
in touch with us.  I am seriously thinking about starting an actual ferret
shelter and was hoping to get some info on how to go about it, so any help
anyone can give would be great!

Thankyou, Sincerely, Jenny and "the kids"
Memory is the second thing to go;  I forget what's first.