From:
Kathryn Holthaus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:33:45 -0400
I am sure it goes without saying that ferrets or any other animal
should never be 'free' in a car. It's not safe for you or for them. I
have a couple of different carriers that I use for my ferrets-my small
one-for short vet trips with just one ferret and my larger one that is
for a medium-sized dog. Both can fit both a food and water bowl which I
feel is important even for shorter (under and hour) trips. The larger
cage can fit a litter box and plenty of bedding as well. I use a seat
belt and belt in the smaller cage in order to keep it in place in the
event of an accident. The larger cage is too high to do this, but
interested in hearing suggestions on ways to secure it. Either way, the
carriers always stay in the back seat for the same reason they say to
keep children there. Just thinking about this now, but you know the "in
case of emergency" stickers they have to put on your house to rescue
your pets? Wondering if that type of thing would be useful for cars in
case the driver was rendered unconscious by the accident? Thoughts?