From:
Nickolas Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 16:24:37 EDT
Hey, Fellow Ferreteers and Fuzzies;

Well, my fert did it, her first "BLOW OUT".  Thank god she loves the vacuum
cleaner and water.  For two days now I've been literally vacuuming the
ferret, (which she loves, she thinks it's just a big game) and bathing her,
to her it's like swimming, I sware she's part otter.  Many have of you have
wrote about this hair thing and I didn't know, or had ever gone through this
incredible transformation of ferret premature baldness.  She will be going
to House of Masters (hairclub) next week, just choking.  Actually, I'm quite
surprised, many have written in saying that ther ferts are getting
hairballs, and are taking speciaI medications during this dogma (or
Ferretma).  I guess through the preening process they get a build up, some
what to a cat, and and they get a build up hair balls in their bellies, and
get ill.  I think I'm fortunate that mine loves water and that loosens most
of her hair down the drain and the hair she licks it's already been removed.
Anyways, we live in Toronto, and everyone talks about the climate being a
contributing factor.  I think that is true to say, as our weather has been
quite mild lately, and she's probably a little warm, she's officially bald,
less her head and tail.  My little Madison looks like Uncle Fester only
backwards.

We're off to buy  20 feet of dryer hose as a special treat .  Thanks for the
suggestions.

Regards from the ZOO in T.O.

Karen and Madison and Fraser and Myles