From:
Liesl Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:43:04 -0400
Hi Folks,

My vet is currently treating a 2 y.o., very sweet ferret who had hind limb
weakness.  He is on pred, and as long as he gets his pred, he is a very
normal ferret.  The owner, however, can't afford the pred (she has five
kids and subsists on welfare and food stamps).  If any individuals or
shelters are interested in adopting "Buster", please let me know.  As I
said, he is fine as long as he ges his pred, but his owner just can't
afford to treat him, even though pred is very inexpensive.  The owner's
only other option is to euthanize him, which is very sad since he is only
two and does well on meds.  Please, someone, contact me and see if we can
save this ferret.  I hope to herar from someone soon.  Thanks!

Liesl