From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:21:09 -0700
Pets are legal to take into Costa Rica, according to my 1994 edition of
John Howells (he's a travel writer) book.  Like everything Costa Rican,
there's a lot of paperwork involved.  I'd be happy to provide more detailed
info.  The Tico Times, the major english printed news paper is on-line
for lead stories, and there is a bulletin board called Costa Rica Virtual
Newsgroups, where you can post and receive messages.  During the time we
considered the ex pats route, we had good response to our BB postings.

One of the things about Costa Rica is the 100% import duty.  They
discourage bringing in furniture/cars, etc., so the items will be purchased
after arrival.  I recall reading "why would you bring a dog, when you can
get a dog here".  It's possible there is a heavy fee for bringing a pet as
well.  Once there, your ferret would be a 'citizen' of Costa Rica, and
would need an exit visa to leave!

Georgia - the left coast one...