From:
Sue Selby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 21:36:23 -0700
Yes Bill I have done both and at this time I only take rescues in on a
limited basis.  I found it was too difficult for me to do both.  I breed on
a small scale and yes it can be very costly at times.  I have a few rescues
coming in.  What I can't handle I refer to Tidewater Rescue.  I also agree
breeding to support a shelter is not a good idea.  If you cannot support a
shelter you need to rethink it or seriously reduce your numbers.  I know
how costly running a shelter can be, it doesn't take long for the bills
to add up.  Please if you are considering either breeding or sheltering
ferrets, talk to the other breeders and shelters and get the facts.  If
anyone wishes to contact me call 757-850-0390.

HAPPY FERRETING!