From:
Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 12:47:37 -0500
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]> wrote
>I'd like some suggestions of where I could get some type of urn or nice
>box to put Nikkis ashes in.
>The last issue of Modern Ferret mentioned a box that has a place to put a
>photo in and a little drawer to put toys or something else in.  Thanks.

This is a common problem for ferret owners who live in apartments, etc (we
live in a rented house).

We found a nice box at Pier One Imports in the photo frames section.  It is
made of wood with a slide out drawer and the front of the drawer has a
holder for a photograph.  Mary thinks you put a picture on the front and
store other photos inside.  I think you could alternatively use it as a
jewelry box.

In any case, it cost between $10 and $20, looks like a decorative wooden
box, and allows us to keep Ralph's remains in the living room until such
time as we can afford a house of our own.

I don't know if Pier One Imports is national or not - they are a store that
features imported furniture and housewares.  While some of their stuff is
expensive, most is relatively affordable and tasteful.  If you can't find a
store like that, I would think you could try looking for a store or craft
place that has jewelry boxes.  You might be able to find a jewelry box that
looks nice for a lot less money than a pet urn.

- Eric

Modern Ferret Magazine - For ferret owners. By ferret owners.
Mary & Eric Shefferman & the Fuzzies: Sabrina, Marshmallow, Knuks, Trixie,
Bosco da Gama, Balthazar, Cauliflower, Koosh, and Gabrielle
http://www.modernferret.com