Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1993 10:08:14 -0400
Hi all!  Someone was asking about ferret noises, so here's my story:  I got my
baby Beckett about a month and a half before my girlfriend got her baby Molly.
I had read that ferrets cluck when happy, and Beckett occasionally did this
when she and I were playing mock-combat; she is only ever truly happy when she
is picking a fight :-).  Anyway, we figured that ferrets cluck only when *very*
amused--then came Molly.  Molly clucks *loudly* practically everytime she is
walking; she seems so happy just to be out of her cage.  My girlfriend's
apartment sounds like a henhouse--I wonder what the neighbors think!  Molly
also whines to be let out, and Beckett has taught her to hiss when they are
"hunting" each other (is this normal?).

To this day Beckett rarely makes a noise while Molly clucks the day away.  When
Beckett wants out of her cage she just chews through the steel bars :-).  I
figure she is about a week away from learning how to open the cage, get out,
and cook herself breakfast!

Ross.