From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:04:47 -0500
Okay, all you shelter moms and dads out there: help!  I need to know what
you cost-conscious, crafty shelters would recommend for seven sniffling,
sneezing, wheezing, flu-striken weasels!

It started with the baby, Lil Grunt.  A week later, it's spread to seven.
I'm expecting the rest to develop symptoms any second.  :-( Arrgh!

Normally I don't worry too much about colds.  Ferts are tough, I baby them
and in a week they're good as gold.  But it's so sad to hear this cacophony
of sneezes, coughs, and whimpers!  I don't have enough arms to hold them all!

I was recommended to use pediatric triaminic (sp?) so I bought some and gave
about .03 ml to the babies and about .05ml to the bigguns.  One thing's for
sure, they love it!  But I'm still hearing sneezes and coughs and the
occasional "mooooommmmm whimper".

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a big wimp.  I can't stand to see my babies
anything but happy-go-lucky, and when they're not, I overreact :-) but I
just thought I'd ask the opinion of others.  A vet had told me just to wait
it out.  But it's so haaarrrrdddddd..... *sniff*

Seeking any advice a.s.a.p.!  :-)

A shelter mom who's feeling worse than the ferts that are sick,
Kymberlie Becker Barone ("sweeties, I'd take all your colds together if you
guys could just feel better!")
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady