From:
Shea LeAnn Anson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 00:23:45 EST
This is a public statement to the few people who have emailed me regarding
what I feed my ferrets......I received some concerned emails.......and two
very hateful emails from an individual who succeeded in worrying me to
death about this situation.

You do not know my ferrets.........you do not know my vet.........and you
don't know me.  I care about my fuzzies and have tried several brands......
and I feed them the one they will eat.

At least I'm not feeding them cat food.......which I was flamed about when
I got my first ferret........There are varying opinions about what each
individual pet owner feeds their pet.  Thank you for being concerned.......
but quit trying to scare me by your panicky emails!  That is exactly what
you did.......you scared me.  I didn't ask for an opinion.......and though
I have given you my reasons for feeding my ferrets what I feed them......
And to one individual, you proceeded to give out my email to your friend(s)
and they began emailing me pleading with me to change food brands.  Please
do not give out my email to strangers.  That was uncalled for and not
appreciated.

I love being on this list because there are many people out there who have
helped me with my ferrets.  Thank you to those of you out there.  And thank
you, (again, you know who you are) for you opinion and concern.  But do not
give out my email to your friends so that they can chew me out too.

To those of you who don't know what I'm talking about.........someone
started emailing me ~ worried about me giving my ferrets Ferret Diet by 8
in 1 .........yes I know Totally Ferret is wonderful.......but my ferrets
won't eat it.  Yes.........Zupreem is wonderful..........again......my
ferrets won't eat it.  They would refuse to eat anything ...... so I
tried Ferret Diet and they eat it.  They get Ferretvite and Ferretone on
alternating days to supplement their diet........they get ferret treats
occasionally...........and for those of you out there who think I'm still
stupid..........I do give my ferrets water.  (Who knows........one
individual who emailed me thinks I'm daft for feeding my ferrets a low
grade ferret food........they might assume I forget to water my ferrets
as well.)

I have received emails from two people in particular on the list who tell
me that Ferret Diet causes Liver problems......kidney problems........and
will eventually kill my ferret.  I haven't heard this before..........and
I beg to differ with the advice that the ferrets on Ferret Diet have
rough unkempt coats........Trixie's coat is full, soft, and in excellent
condition.

I welcome comments on this matter........Ferret Diet.............but stop
chewing me out please. Kind suggestions and advice are fine.........but
condemning me by saying I am  "attempting to murder" my ferrets is in poor
taste!

Shea, Trixie & Buddy