From:
"Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 1995 08:20:53 -0400
Hi, again, everyone!

Here's an update on the 2 (boy and girl) ferrets I'm taking care of until
a home can be found and SHE stops biting (not nipping .. BIG difference!).
She hasn't drawn blood (too much) and I still won't let her near my face
unless my hand is covering HER face!

I was vacuuming their cage out last night ... worried that when I started
the vacuum cleaner she might wig out and come running from wherever she
might have been JUST to attack me (like she does with the squeeky ball).

So, I took a deep breath and turned it on ... she came alright, but she
starting biteing the END of the hose!  I couldn't believe it!!  All my other
babies take off when I start the vacuum (it is pretty loud), but
NOOOOOOoooooooooooo ... not her!!! (or him?? -- but he didn't bite it; just
checked it out)

I thank you all for your advice on how to "tame" her .. it seems to be
working s-l-o-w-l-y but surely!  I'm sure that WHEN she calms down, they
will make great babies for someone.  I know the boy certainly is one!

I'm kind of enjoying having 6 around, but the work/upkeep level definately
increased.  Let's see .. 6 ferrets .. a minimum of 4 corners to every room...
oh, dear ...

Nancy

(p.s. I'm still trying to find out why I can't get e-mail back from FMLers)

[Moderator's note: You can't get mail because your "From:" field is incorrect.
Instead of your entire internet address being shown, it is only showing your
local machine name - it needs to show the "FQDN" if the mail goes out to the
internet - i.e. it should be shown as: [log in to unmask]   BIG]