From:
Amy Perchick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:28:29 -0400
While both these topics have been discussed in the past somebody new brought
them up again and I haven't had a chance to put my two cents in yet.

I have used scoopable litter (several brands) for both of my ferrets.  I
have never had a problem in over 3 years.

As for giving both my previous and current ferret the run of the condo, I
also have never had a major problem.  I did learn the hard way that more
ferret proofing was necessary, but that was easily fixed.  The only hints I
can pass on is: put the remote controls out of reach, put tape under the
kitchen cabinets so they can't get under them, and be careful of areas
behind major appliances (refrigerator, washer, etc).  Oh, and hanging plants
can sometimes be swings until the whole plant becomes a playground on your
carpet.  <G>

Amy