From:
Ursula Catlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:36:46 +0800
Dear FMLers,
Yesterday I had my delightful girl Ashka at the vets.  She has a mass/
lump growing in her lower jaw.  It covers approxamately one quarter of
her entire jawline but isn't causing her any pain at this stage.  She
has had a biopsy done and I am waiting till Tuesday/ Wednesday for the
results to come in.

Basically my vet has narrowed it down to one of three things:
* Cryptococcus granuloma
* Squamous Cell Carcinoma
* Fibrosarcoma

As you can imagine I am quite upset by this news.  Ashka is 7, possibly
8 years old and was my second ferret.  She is the sweetest little old
lady ferret, and is the mother figure to the others in the house.  She
has provided us with all the love and joy imaginable.  She was a rescue
ferret who had had a very tough life before coming to me and as a result
was timid and scared by everything, but with much love and care she
blossomed into an amazingly loving and devoted girl.

Anything you can share will be greatly appreciated- whether it be links,
stories, advice, treatment options... I just want to be as informed as
I can be when my vet and I discuss treatment options after we get the
diagnosis.

Thanking you kindly,
~Ursh~
and the furry kids
Bane, Ashka, Obi, Lucy Fur, Lucius, Ophelia and Rocky
Missing my sweet Saiya