From:
"H. R. Buckley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 1995 13:14:54 -0500
Jill re Ferret Food:
        The only ferret specific food we have tried is _L/M Ferret Food_
made by L/M Animal Farms. I don't know if this is a good food or not, so
don't take this as an endorsement. I do know that our ferrets will not eat
the stuff. We tried mixing it in with their food, but they pick around it.
Now we are feeding them a mixture of Meow Mix, Puppy Chow and Tender Vittles.
We started adding the Puppy Chow when we got Spenser as a puppy. The ferrets
would spend as much time eating out of Spenser's dish as their own. Smokey
still eats Spenser's food, even though Spenser has been on adult dog kibble
for over a year.
        For treats they like the small multi-flavor dog biscuits, ferretone
(of course), apple cinnamon cheerios (preferred if the milk has soaked in),
ice cream and milk (but only in very small amounts), peanut butter, and
water melon.

Russ Hazzon re newsgroup:
        I am with Howard Davis (fml 1066) on this one. If you feel that a
newsgroup would be worth while go for it. I think I will stick with the FML.
My site does not get any rec and few alt newsgroups, so I would not be able
to subscribe, but this is not why I would prefer the FML. I also agree with
what Jeff Jones said in fml 1066. I also think some of the genuine feelings
expressed here on the FML might become targets for unfortunate replies from
the few insensitive and cruel people who cruise the news groups. On the
positive side, rec.pets.ferrets might be a good way to introduce more people
to ferrets, give wider distribution to the truth about them, and be of some
help to people who are fighting to legalize ferrets in their area.

Marcy re Soap eating:
        Our fuzzies like to lick the water from the bottom of shower.
Margaret has always thought that they liked the taste of soapy water, your
story seems to confirm that. I am glad to hear from Dr. Williams that this
is not harmful.

Bye for now from, Margaret, Richard,
Smokey, Pixie, Boots, Ping, Spenser, Charlie and Candice.