Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:18:27 -0700
I won't be near a computer for the rest of the week and the weekend so I
can attend the Symposium in St.  Louis.

I have been desperately trying to catch up on emails since my California
trip, and have made some headway, but there are still a few hundred of
the most recent I have yet to answer.  I WILL get to them in the next
two weeks.  My time since the trip has been split trying to get some book
chapters finished, photographing some bones, trying to get a zooarchy
sample done and reported, going to another symposium (scientific), and
getting ready for this one.  It has been a couple of weeks of only 4-hour
sleep, so I've been a bit stressed.

The stress made me a little forgetful, and I accidentally cleared the
"Upcoming Calendar" from my palm pilot.  So, while I have already told
a lot of groups that I would travel to them for talks, I have lost the
"Whos" and the "Whens".  The trouble is, there are about another dozen
people asking me to get a talk, and I can't respond until I confirm the
first dates.  I can spend a lot of time shifting through old emails to
find the info, but perhaps you lovely people will forget my "Bob Moment"
and gently remind me of my contractual obligations.  Please?

To confirm one emailed question, yes, this year I will go anywhere and
everywhere to give ferret talks (dental issues, diet, enrichment, etc).
Just ask and I will do my best to make sure I can attend your function...
just be a little patient as I recover my lost data.  The cost of gas has
made it impossible for me to donate all expenses anymore, so the group
picks up the gas cost and I pick up all other costs.  I think that is
fair.  I always promise I will stay as long as questions are being asked,
and will not leave until I answer the very last one, regardless of time.

Two other emails asked if I would travel to the northwest and the
southeast, but gas costs make a single trip somewhat expensive for small
clubs to pick-up.  They requested I ask on the FML if any other groups
in the northwest/southeast would be willing to share gas costs.  I've
already indicated I could adjust my time to allow for multiple speaking
engagements over a couple of weekends, maybe a few meetings in the middle
of the week; that sort of thing.  The groups indicated they are willing
to schedule my talk with them at my convenience, and the exact date is
adjustable to meet other groups needs.  I would be willing to give a
series of talks, or a combined talk for several groups.  If interested,
please email me privately, and PLEASE be patient! ;-)

Hey Bill, see you soon!  Oh, and thanks for getting yesterday's post in
even though I sent it so late.  The question got to me late, I wrote as
fast as possible, but you were a great sport for holding things up for
me.  I really appreciate it and I hope you didn't lose too much sleep.

Bob C  [log in to unmask]

[Sleep?   What's that?  I have to be up in a few hours!  BIG]