From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 20:37:49 -0700
>All my four guys come from CDC Pet Breeders, Box 107, Roseile, Man.
>I don't know anything else about this operation. Does anyone out there
>have any info on CDC?

    I've never heard of CDC, but I'm going to assume that's where the Pet
Habitat ferrets In Vancouver come from, since their vet papers have a
Manitoba address (Morden, to be specific).  Just a question...do your
ferrets have the X or Y in their ears??  This will help me to clarify if
possibly these are the correct breeders.  All we ever get here are the vet
papers and the Pet Habitat claims they are unaware of exactly who breeds
them.

    Somebody mentioned that the ferrets being bred by these breeders (or was
it Hagen?) are big, healthy but look like mutts (no concern for colour).
That seems to be a pretty fair description, as all the ones I've seen
recently have been sort of spotty sables or completely odd, fitting no
description whatsoever.  My MILO is one of these.

    I would still really like to know how to get in touch with the Hagen
breeding operation, if anyone has any information on this.

    Also, maybe someone can help me out with something.  I recently took in
two rescues, one stinky, intact, beautiful sable male, and one little thin
adorable silver mitt.  They came together, so they are sharing a little
Hagen cage at the moment (you know, plastic bottom, wire top, clips into
place.  Good rescue cages, we find).  The silver mitt (Freckle:) ) dislikes
the litterbox and even in this cage, uses his bedding instead.  Now, I know
all about confining ferrets to a small cage so they HAVE to use the
litterbox, but I would have to put him in a Tupperware Sandwich Container to
get any smaller a space.  He quite happily sleeps in his soiled bedding, but
I don't think his cage mate is impressed.  Any ideas on how to encourage him
to use the box??  He doesn't take treats, so that sort of reinforcement
doesn't help.  He was found in the woods by some children, by the way, so
maybe this has had some bearing on how he manages himself??

    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I am tired of changing
the bedding every few hours.  Maybe I should try the sandwich
container thing...he's certainly skinny enough to fit...  :)
~~Sheena~~
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.