From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 06:19:12 -0800
I recently wrote an article on ferrets as service animals.

I can get a not for profit corp. Getting the fedral 501(3)(c) will
tak longer. A board of directors. I may be able to get them from a
local organization that matches volunteers to organizations.

I'll need to know what people can use a service ferret. We're not going
to find ferrets pulling wheelchairs. They can help people with mental
illnszz, autism and possibly others I haven't considered.

I need a temperment standard. Somehow sweet isn't really enough.

Probably letters from doctors and psychatrits. Health certificates.

We probably should have letters on file. none of the online biz that
support the disable have anything for a ferret.

I'd like ideas and help. I estimate 2 years to get everything in place.

KG